The incumbent in this position assists in the efficient and safe provision of anesthesia services by setting up rooms and equipment for anesthesia procedures, turnover of rooms and cleaning assigned materials, stocking anesthesia carts and locations, and transporting anesthesia equipment and supplies to and from anesthesia satellite locations, as necessary. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions in English.
- Hospital experience.
- Familiarity with common medical terminology.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as function independently.
- Must like working with detail.
- Organized; able to set priorities.
- Must be able to remain calm and function in emergency situations.
- Must be able to learn sterile technique and isolation technique.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff.
- Must be customer-focused with a service attitude.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.