Performs a full range of diagnostic radiographic examinations to include routine, emergency room trauma, operating room procedures, lithotripsy, portables, and fluoroscopy. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA-approved school of radiologic technology.
- Experience not required; however, one year of hospital-based experience is preferred.
- Must possess skills in operating stationary and mobile radiographic equipment and in instructing others in proper use.
- Must be registry-eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); registration is mandatory within one year of hire.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT Rules and Regulations and the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- CPR certification also required.
- Must have basic knowledge of radiographic theory and techniques, as well as good knowledge of specialized and complex radiographic procedures.
- Ability to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.