PRN / Per Diem
The incumbent in this position, under general supervision, performs ultrasound examinations in accordance with established protocols, as requested by referring physicians and as directed by the radiologists. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must have completed training in an approved ultrasound program. As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)-registered or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and advanced certification of Sonography (ARRT, S) must be registered within 1 year date of hire. Associates must comply with the ARRT or ARDMS rules and regulations and the ARRT or ARDMS Standards of Ethics
- Experience not required; however, one year of hospital-based experience is preferred.
- Skills in operating various models of ultrasound and instructing others in proper use.
- Must know or be able to learn transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations associated with this modality.
- Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Magnetic Resonance imaging (MRI), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMRI), Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRT), Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound (US), Interventional Radiology (IR), Vascular Interventional Radiology (VIR), Technician, Technologist, Tech, RRT, Computerized Tomography, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Ultrasound, Sonography, Sonographer, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), *MSJA
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | Full Time, Nights | Job #32565
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist | Radiology (MRI) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32496
Multi-Modality Supervisor | Nuclear Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32299
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32536
Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician | Echocardiography | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32488
Specialty X-Ray Technologist (CT) | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #31960
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852