Supervises the daily activities and personnel of the Department of Patient Transport Services. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with internal and external customers. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree or the equivalent in job experience in related field.
- BLS CPR certification.
- Approximately one to three years of progressively more responsible job-related experience.
- Experience working with multiple departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills necessary to affect positive outcomes.
- Strong work ethic with ability to lead by example.
- Good knowledge of various computer software programs.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.