Serves as the UNOS Secure Enterprise (UNet) Super User for the Transplant Program. Assumes leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes through data-driven metrics. Maintains transplant data tracking in accordance with OPTN and CMS requirements and internally established standards. Responsible for maintenance and workflow governing internal transplant database (OTTR). These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university. Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred.
- Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse preferred.
- Three to five years of related research/transplant data experience; transplant patient experience and contributions to clinical research highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of implementing and maintaining transplant database.
- Must be detail-oriented and have familiarity with necessary computer/database software and hardware.
- Understanding of professional healthcare practice to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of patient relations and education.
- Familiarity with clinical research protocols.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.