Full Time, Days
Under the direction of the Vice President, Surgical Services, Washington Region, responsible for the coordination of physician referrals and general communication for and between medical and surgical transplant hepatology services across the continuum of care between community-based physicians and Washington region subspecialty gastroenterologists. Provides direct access to hepatology and liver transplant services by GI and primary care physicians for hepatology and surgical consultation, hospital admission and urgent/emergent care for their patients. Functions as a physician advocate, facilitating prompt scheduling, rapid transfer and continuing follow-up care for patients referred to the transplant hepatology division of the MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute (MGTI). These functions are performed in accordance all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare-related field required.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in the healthcare field is required.
- In-depth familiarity with medical and surgical GI procedures and inpatient/outpatient/community services.
- Must have clinical maturity and experience; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of healthcare providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Position requires a moderate level of advocacy and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multitask and organize detailed information.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and calmly.
- Knowledge of hospital operations essential.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direct supervision.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Donor, Organs, Transplant, Transplantation, Recipient, Surgery, Operation, Procedure, Surgical, Hepatology, Navigator, Coordinate, Liaison, Coordinator
Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4PM | Job #33218
PACU Suite Attendant | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33203
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Nights | Job #32833
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Health Physics Technician | Radiation Safety | Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32905
Newborn Hearing Screener | Otolaryngology - Audiology Division | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33163
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32559
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934