Full Time, Days
The incumbent in this position is responsible for intraoperative delivery of patient care in the scrub role. Assists Core Leader, OR with orientation, training and supply inventory for a specific surgical specialty consistent with specialty alignment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Completion of accredited program in surgical technology.
- Current certification by examination through Association of Surgical Technologists is preferred.
- One to two years of OR experience as Surgical Technologist in an acute care operating room that included the major surgical specialties, i.e., General, GYN, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, ENT, CV, Plastic, with one year of OR scrub experience preferred.
- Knowledge of surgical specialties, instruments, techniques, procedures, anatomy, and physiology.
- Scrub role competence.
- Must be able to understand the importance of being a member of a specialty team and rotating to other specialties to maintain skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Adaptable to change.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain emotional control and function under stress during emergent and non-emergent situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Tech, Sterilization, Surgical Instruments, CBSPD, Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, IAHCSMM, International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management, Autoclave, Surgical Technologist, AST, NCCT
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511