The incumbent in this position receives, checks, stores, issues, and maintains inventories of supplies and equipment and performs related work as required. Utilizes the computer for data entry and research of all incoming supplies being delivered against legitimate purchase orders. Interacts daily with both internal and external customers, as well as the MedStar CBO. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Experience with packing, wrapping and handling of supplies desirable.
- One year of warehouse shipping and receiving and inventory knowledge or experience needed.
- Must have computer skills.
- Ability to learn the duties and responsibilities of the position if no work experience.
- Ability to keep accurate records, understand and carry out all written and oral instructions, and do physical labor.
- Must have the ability to adapt to a healthcare environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical functions and to read at a tenth grade level.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and research errors.
- Must be a team player willing to learn other areas of the department for supplemental coverage when needed.
- Must be adaptable as technology changes to maintain a state-of-the-art operation.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.