Oversees the daily operation of the department to guarantee the timely completion of the day's activities. Works with and supports staff in the completion of tasks, and is the departmental contact for daily operations, call-ins and workload completion. Supports the requests and needs of the Evening Administrator. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent GED.
- Three years of experience in a materials management environment.
- Basic knowledge of medical supplies, inventory control and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of inventory information systems in a distribution environment.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, patients and visitors.
- Must have the ability to function under stress and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to delegate and hold staff accountable.
- Computer skills required, such as Lawson, Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promptly recognize, establish and work within administrative priorities.
- Adapts well to change.
- Ability to active decisively.
- Team player; ability to work within multidisciplinary groups.
- Creative problem solver.
- Possesses and demonstrates a strong customer focus.
- Must have the ability to learn and retain hospital policies, as well as JACHO policies.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.