Reporting to the Manager, Perioperative Supply Chain or assigned manager, the Supervisor – Procedural Area Materials Technician oversees the OR Material Technicians and is responsible for supervising all the receiving, inspection, storing, delivering, and issuing of materials, supplies and equipment in support of the daily Operating Room surgical schedule and related perioperative departments.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's degree in healthcare or supply chain-related course work is preferred.
- Healthcare Materiel Management Certification required within six months of hire date.
- Five to ten years of experience in a high-volume healthcare perioperative environment and/or in a surgical setting required.
- Broad knowledge of OR and anesthesia supplies and equipment required.
- Knowledge of ERP system (PeopleSoft; Lawson preferred); EMR system (Cerner or Epic preferred); and EMR Periop software, such as Epic Op Time, Pisces or Surginet, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Access preferred.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.