MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
Supports the marketing department’s campaigns byresponding to all incoming calls and inquiries for information about MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and/or MedStar Health’s regional service lines. Utilizes a sophisticated telemanagement system by registering callers for community education lectures, answering questions about service lines, recording and connecting callers to the appropriate service department contact or scheduling department. Working independently with minimal supervision, must be able to assess callers needs quickly and efficiently provide appropriate information and referral. Determines the caller’s needs and fulfills those needs. When necessary, places follow up calls to consumers and patients. Leads and provides guidance to a marketing call center representative. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associates degree. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- 5+years of comparable administrative or Call Center, sales/telemarketing and/or medical staff office experience handling in-bound calls, preferably in a health care setting;
- Additional training in customer service, healthcare, marketing or communications desired; and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Computer skills with word processing abilities required.
- Must be able to well prioritize responsibilities and tasks, perform multiple tasks concurrently, and be unfailingly courteous in all interactions with callers, other professionals and staff members.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.