On a per diem basis, provides a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for patients with speech-language and/or swallowing disorders. Tests, evaluates, plans, and develops appropriate therapy modalities based on the patient's individual ability/disability. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school of speech-language pathology.
- Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for D.C. license as a Speech Language Pathologist. Upon hire, must have a D.C. license or be eligible for a reciprocity license, or have made application to sit for the board examination.
- Current CPR certification.
- One to two years of inpatient experience treating in the NICU and/or pediatric units.
- Current knowledge and skills in speech-language pathology, including ability to work with multidisciplinary personnel, effective communication skills, flexibility, and ability to cope and problem solve.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.
New Hire Bonus! | Rehabilitation - Therapy | Full Time | MedStar Georgetown University Hospital | Job #19122