Speech Language Pathologist - Inpatient Adult
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient
PRN / Per Diem, Weekends
On a per diem basis, provides a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for patients with speech-language and/or swallowing disorders. Tests, evaluates, plans, and develops appropriate therapy modalities based on the patient's individual ability/disability. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school of speech-language pathology.
- Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for D.C. license as a Speech Language Pathologist. Upon hire, must have a D.C. license or be eligible for a reciprocity license, or have made application to sit for the board examination.
- Current CPR certification.
- One to two years of related experience in a physical disabilities setting obtained either in an acute care or rehabilitation facility preferred.
- Current knowledge and skills in speech-language pathology, including ability to work with multidisciplinary personnel, effective communication skills, flexibility, and ability to cope and problem solve.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, SLP, Speech Language Pathology, Pathologist, ASHA, American Speech-language Hearing Association, CCC, Certificate of Clinical Competency, Rehab, Dysphagia, Swallowing