The incumbent in this position performs mammography procedures and assists with needle biopsies, localizations and aspirations. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA-approved school of radiologic technology.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- Must have and maintain current registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and should be certified by ARRT for advanced certification in mammography within one year from date of hire.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT rules and regulations and the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- CPR certification required.
- One year of mammography-based experience is preferred. Skills in operating radiographic equipment.
Must have basic knowledge of radiographic theory and techniques and good knowledge of specialized and complex radiographic procedures.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.