The incumbent in this position, under general supervision, will perform ultrasound and/or CT examinations in accordance with established protocols, as requested by referring physicians and as directed by the radiologists. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Must be ARDMS registered (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) and have completed training in an approved Ultrasound program.
- A minimum of six months hands-on training is required.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of ultrasound experience and be trained in CT or willing to train in CT.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior ultrasound and CT experience.
- RDMS-registered or registry-eligible.
- Must become CPR certified.
- Must be totally versed in transverse and cross-sectional anatomical and pathological presentations.
- Must be able to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.