Responsible for the preparation of the patient, the conducting of polysomnograms (PSG), continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) titrations, multiple sleep latency tests (MSLT) and maintenance of wakefulness tests (MWT), as well as collection of information pertinent to the interpretation of tests, patient care and patient education. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate.
- Successful completion of a CAAHEP-accredited PSG educational programcor an accredited Sleep Technologist education program preferred.
- Two years of experience at the Technician level or the equivalent.
- Registration by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists in Polysomnography.
- Must have CPR/BCLS certification.
- Must hold a license in good standing as a Polysomnographic Technologist in the District of Columbia as defined by the Health Professional Licensing Administration.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions on all procedures.
- Able to establish good rapport with patients, public and the staff.
- Has sound independent judgment and initiative.
- Must have sound clinical judgment and equipment troubleshooting skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.