PRN / Per Diem, Nights
Responsible for the preparation of the patient, the conducting of polysomnograms (PSG), continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) titrations, multiple sleep latency tests (MSLT), and maintenance of wakefulness tests (MWT), as well as collection of information pertinent to the interpretation of tests, patient care and patient education. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate.
- Successful completion of a CAAHEP-accredited PSG educational program or an accredited Sleep Technologist education program preferred.
- Registration by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists in Polysomnography.
- Must have CPR/BCLS certification.
- Must hold a license in good standing as a Polysomnographic Technologist in the District of Columbia as defined by the Health Professional Licensing Administration.
- Two years of experience at the technician level or the equivalent.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions on all procedures.
- Able to establish good rapport with patients, public and the staff.
- Has sound independent judgment and initiative.
- Must have sound clinical judgment and equipment troubleshooting skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist, END, Technician, Tech, ASET, American Society for Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists, Neurodiagnostic, EEG, EKG, Electroencephalography, Electrocardiography, ABRET, American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Nerve Conduction, AAET, American Association of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists, Intraoperative Neuromonitoring, Polysomnograms, Polysomnographic, Polysomnography
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
PACU Suite Attendant | 7 West, Procedural Post-Anesthesia Care Unit | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32513
Patient Advocate | Advocacy & International Services | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32432
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | Full Time, Days | Job #32401
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days, As Needed | Job #32559
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Days | Job #32348
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537