Senior Revenue Cycle Liaison
Full Time, Days
Assists in coordinating coverage of Liaison functions for all professional specialties supported by PUBS. The incumbent will develop, maintain and educate clients with advanced revenue cycle analytics. Incumbent will assist in guiding the efforts of junior Liaisons to optimize support to client departments. Blending a comprehensive understanding of the revenue cycle, patient management operations and the unique qualities associated with each specialty service line, the incumbent will ensure that client departments are fully supported in accordance with the Client Service Agreement between the billing operation and the client department. The incumbent will facilitate problem resolution and communication. In addition to meeting with client department leadership and key clinical leaders, the incumbent will support the efforts to achieve the short- and long-term strategic revenue cycle goals of the client's department, the GPG and Georgetown University Hospital. Using industry guidelines and best practice standards, incumbent provides analytical support to the client department's performance in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, coding; claims submission, and adjudication. Incumbent will synthesize standard and ad hoc reporting to help client departments target opportunities and communicate performance. These functions are coordinated with hospital administration, department heads, medical staff, and others and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field.
- CPC certification is preferred, but must have an advanced knowledge of physician coding using CPT, ICD-9/10, HCPCS and modifiers.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in medical practice management to include physician revenue cycle service experience or combination of education and experience working with large physician, multi-specialty practice with emphasis on patient accounting and AR management.
- Ability to prioritize and handle tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Incumbent must have comprehensive knowledge of receivable management and expert communication and problem-resolution skills.
- Further, incumbent must be fully versed in current healthcare regulatory environment, including detailed knowledge of correct coding guidelines, HIPAA and payer contract terms.
- To ensure optimal support, incumbent must foster collaborative relationships between PUBS units and resources with client departments to resolve identified problems.
- Incumbent must have superb communication, both written and oral, skills.
- Must have ability to relate well with physicians, administrators, front end staff, PUBS management, and staff (strong client-facing skills).
- Must have advanced analytical skills and strong attention to detail, including data analysis and procedure review.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Report production and presentation skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to remove barriers to change using strong change management skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business, Coding, Coder
Payment Posting Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33086
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960