Senior Coding Specialist
Full Time, Days
Performs retrospective deficiency analysis on all inpatient, same day surgery and outpatient records. Abstracts clinical data from the medical records for statistical and research purposes. Also, assigns the ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes and designates the appropriate DRG per record under prospective payment guidelines. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and/or an accredited medical record program. Preferred experience in coding may substitute for degree.
- Must possess current D.C. licensure as a nurse and/or certification for a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist - Physician (CCS-P), or Certified Procedural Coder (CPC).
- At least two to three years of medical record coding experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Attention to detail accompanied by good organizational skills.
- Able to deal effectively with physicians, liaisons, department administrators, and support staff.
- Able to work independently and practice self-direction.
- Able to communicate and deal with physicians in a professional and articulate manner and understand medical terminology specific to body systems.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registered Health Information Administrator, Registered Health Information Technician, Technologist, RHIA, RHIT, Tech, Certified Medication Technician, Clerical, Coding, Coder, Medical Billing, EMR, Electronic Medical Record, Certified Coding Specialist, CCS, CCS-P, Certified Procedural Coder, CPC, Registered Nurse, RN, BSN, MSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Patient Access Manager | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32802
Senior Financial Analyst | Transplant Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32790
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Radiation Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32782
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32656
Revenue Cycle Analyst | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32600
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32598
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32591
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550