Sterile Processing (SPD)
Full Time, Evenings
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department, following the established infection control practices. This incumbent is also responsible for preparing surgical case carts. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Nationally recognized Sterile Processing Certification is required within six months of hire.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a sterile processing technician preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good public relations and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with high stress associated with high-volume critical care departments.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Sterile Processing Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician, CRCST, Technologist, Tech, Sterilization, Surgical Instruments, CBSPD, Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, IAHCSMM, International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management, Autoclave