Revenue Cycle Liaison (Medical Billing/Coder)
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Incumbent provides analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives. Using industry guidelines and best practice standards, incumbent reviews client department performance in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, coding and claims submission, and adjudication. Using standard and ad hoc reporting, incumbent identifies opportunities for improvement and procedural enhancement. These functions are coordinated with hospital administration, department heads, medical staff, and others and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree.
- CPC-certified with working knowledge of physician coding using CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS and Modifiers preferred.
- Minimum three years of medical practice billing experience; medical practice front-end experience and understanding preferred.
- Incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have advanced analytical skills, including data analysis and procedure review.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Report production and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Ability to relate well to physicians and other front office administrators and staff, as well as with billing management and staff.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Coding, Coder, Medical Billing, EMR, Electronic Medical Record, Certified Coding Specialist, CSC, Certified Procedural Coder, AAPC, American Academy of Professional Coders, Certified Revenue Cycle Executive, CRCE, Certified Revenue Cycle Professional, CRCP, Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist, CRCS, *MSJA
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Patient Service Coordinator | Neurosurgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32972
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960
Nursing Financial Systems Analyst | Nursing Administration | Full Time, Days | Job #32946
Central Scheduling Manager | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32937
Document Imaging Technician | Health Information | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #32904
Coding Specialist | Health Information | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32903
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32887
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Radiation Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32782