Revenue Cycle Liaison (Medical Billing/Coder)
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Incumbent provides analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives. Using industry guidelines and best practice standards, incumbent reviews client department performance in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to, scheduling, registration, coding and claims submission and adjudication. Using standard and ad hoc reporting, incumbent identifies opportunities for improvement and procedural enhancement. These functions are coordinated with Hospital Administration, Department Heads, Medical Staff and others and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree.
- CPC-certified with working knowledge of physician coding using CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS and Modifiers preferred.
- Minimum three years of medical practice billing experience; medical practice front-end experience and understanding preferred.
- Incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have advanced analytical skills, including data analysis and procedure review.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Report production and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Ability to relate well to physicians and other front office administrators and staff, as well as with billing management and staff.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Coding, Coder, Medical Billing, EMR, Electronic Medical Record, Certified Coding Specialist, CSC, Certified Procedural Coder, AAPC, American Academy of Professional Coders, Certified Revenue Cycle Executive, CRCE, Certified Revenue Cycle Professional, CRCP, Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist, CRCS, *MSJA
Patient Scheduling Associate | Transplant Surgery - 64710 | Full Time, Days, 8:00 to 12:00 to 4:30 | Job #32587
Radiology Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414