- Associate's degree from a Co ARC-approved institution of respiratory therapy; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of academic curriculum requiring clinical experience in acute and critical care medicine.
- Experience and demonstrated abilities in adult, pediatric and neonatal critical care; pediatric and emergency care; and the implementation and application of patient-driven protocols are preferred.
- Experience in quality improvement, evaluation, counseling, and coaching also preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current and valid Washington, D.C., Respiratory Practitioner License.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Certifications: NRP, PALS, ACLS are preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive interpersonal relationships and to promote team collaboration and cooperation during conflict and difficult situations.
- Has good time management skills.
- Has knowledge of best practice for clinical performance, infection prevention and patient safety.
- Ability to manage changing workloads, staff and equipment shortages, and patient care issues.
- Basic computer skills: data entry, e-mail, EMR.
- Contributes to in-service, education and training.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.