PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts
The incumbent in this position is a per diem Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner who provides all types of respiratory service, care, therapy, and treatments to patients. The incumbent in this position aids in the diagnosis of disease states and specializes in the evaluation, treatment and care of patients with cardio-respiratory abnormalities and deficiencies. The incumbent treats and cares for patients from premature infants to geriatrics with specialized and various types of equipment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree from an accredited two-year associate's degree program in respiratory care required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registry from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- One year of clinical experience in respiratory care, including experience in intensive care units.
- Working knowledge of human respiratory anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to respiratory care.
- Knowledge of the operation of respiratory care equipment and its application in a clinical setting.
- The ability to assess hazardous conditions related to respiratory care and to take corrective action.
- The ability to work with patients from premature infants to geriatrics.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Therapy, CRT, Certified Respiratory Therapist, RCP, Practitioner, NBRC, National Board for Respiratory Care, Lung, Pulmonary, Breath, AARC, American Association for Respiratory Care
Pulmonary Function Technologist | Pulmonary | Full Time, Days | Job #32148
Registered Respiratory Therapist | Respiratory Therapy | Part Time, Day Shift & Weekend Shift | Job #32562
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852