Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient
PRN / Per Diem, Days
Performs a variety of functions to assist the professional staff in the department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Under direct supervision of an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT) or Speech Pathologist (SLP), aids patients with therapeutic exercises and/or activities. Upon successful completion of departmental competencies, may independently perform multiple functions that are not related to a patient's plan of care, e.g., transportation of patients, and various program service functions such as gym set-up, to prepare for patient treatment, supplies inventory, etc. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree in a medical science or exercise science is preferred, but not required.
- Must complete competencies in a variety of skills when hired and on an annual basis thereafter.
- Current CPR certification.
- Entry-level position.
- Basic knowledge of exercise programs; some exposure and experience dealing with a variety of patients is preferred.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patient, the medical and professional staff, and the public.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written English language instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant therapy practices.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Must have the ability to learn and integrate protocols and precautions related to patient treatments.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Rehab, Rehabilitation, Rehabilitative, Recovery, Therapy, Tech, Technician, Assistant, Assistive Technology Professional, ATP
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Nights | Job #32833
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
Health Physics Technician | Radiation Safety | Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32905
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Services Administration | Part Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32894
NICU Family Support Specialist | Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) | Part Time | Job #32765
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days, As Needed | Job #32559
Surgical Liaison | Surgical Administration | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #30934
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32729