Registered Respiratory Therapist
Part Time, Day Shift & Weekend Shift
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) provides a full range of cardiopulmonary diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care services to patients of all age groups. The RRT has successfully achieved and maintains the required competencies and qualifications of this job description and serves as the primary resource to meet the respiratory care needs for the critical care, emergency and pediatric patient. The RRT obtains, reviews and interprets data and assesses the need for and response to respiratory care interventions in consultation and conjunction with medical, nursing and other disciplines to optimize patient care planning and delivery. Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies; provides airway maintenance and manual and mechanical ventilator support using a variety of devices and techniques; administers medical gases, humidity therapy, inhaled aerosol medications, bronchial hygiene, and lung expansion therapies; and instructs patient's family and continuing care providers in the administration of respiratory procedures and the proper use of respiratory therapy equipment and supplies.
- Associate's degree from a Co ARC-approved institution of respiratory therapy; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current and valid Washington, D.C., Respiratory Practitioner License.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Certifications: NRP, PALS, and ACLS are preferred.
- One year of academic curriculum requiring clinical experience in acute and critical care medicine.
- Experience and demonstrated abilities in adult, pediatric and neonatal critical care, pediatric and emergency care, and the implementation and application of patient-driven protocols are preferred.
- Experience in quality improvement, evaluation, counseling, and coaching also preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive interpersonal relationships and promote team collaboration and cooperation during conflict and difficult situations.
- Has good time management skills.
- Has knowledge of best practice for clinical performance, infection prevention and patient safety.
- Ability to manage changing workloads, staff and equipment shortages, and patient care issues.
- Basic computer skills: data entry, e-mail, EMR.
- Contributes to in-service, education and training.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Therapy, CRT, Certified Respiratory Therapist, RCP, Practitioner, NBRC, National Board for Respiratory Care, Lung, Pulmonary, Breath, AARC, American Association for Respiratory Care