The incumbent in this position is responsible for the management and oversight of the technical operations and supervision of the technical staff in the Sleep Disorders Centers at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital. He/she will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining standards for accreditation in the department. He/she will work with the Administrator and the Medical Directors of both locations to maintain high-quality care and safety standards for all patients. He/she will work to improve patient satisfaction in the respective departments. He/she will serve as a leader for technical staff and may on occasion perform all clinical tests conducted by the department when needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a hospital setting; two years of related management experience strongly desired.
- Board registration in polysomnography (RPSGT).
- CPR for the healthcare professional certification required.
- Must hold Polysomnographic Technologist licensure in Washington, D.C.
- Advanced knowledge of polysomnography and all related testing for both pediatric and adult patients.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions on all procedures.
- Ability to establish good rapport with patients, public and the staff.
- Must have sound independent judgment and initiative.
- Must have good leadership, organizational and teaching skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.