Receiving & Accessioning Techician
Full Time, Nights
Receives, logs in and verifies label accuracy and sends laboratory test specimens to appropriate section of lab. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Completion of on-the-job training.
- Must meet HHS requirements, if indicated.
- Incumbent can be instructed on the job for this position.
- Some laboratory or related work experience desirable.
- Able to learn and apply basic laboratory specimen processing techniques.
- Able to learn or has a working knowledge of basic specimen requirements for a wide variety of laboratory tests.
- Able to learn to work basic laboratory equipment and moderately complex computer functions.
- Able to remain calm and function in stressful situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, MT, MLT, Medical Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Technologist, Tech, MLS, Medical Lab Scientist, American Society for Clinical Pathology, ASCLS, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, Pathology
Medical Technologist I | Histocompatibility | Full Time, Evenings | Job #33257
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33258
Phlebotomy Team Coordinator | Laboratory - Specimen Collection | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33228
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Days | Job #33068
Medical Technologist I | Blood Bank | PRN / Per Diem, Evenings | Job #33256
Medical Technologist | Chemistry | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32566