Under the general management of the Associate Director of Pharmacy, Pyxis Coordinator and the Manager for Pharmacy Services, the Pyxis Lead Pharmacist will ensure that the system is functional and operational daily. The Pyxis Lead Pharmacist will supervise all the pharmacy technicians and the pharmacist during the shift. This person will be responsible for making the technician schedule and help in the implementation of systems accordingly.
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD.
- Two years of progressive responsibility in a pharmacy department.
- One year of hospital information technology preferred.
- Experience with Pyxis is preferred.
- D.C. license.
- Knowledge of pharmacy workflow and networking essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong process orientation, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience in general computer network technology and high-performance computing systems required.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Computer literacy with pharmacy information systems and common healthcare applications required.
- Ability to problem-solve based on information is essential.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards regarding confidential patient information.
- Excellent skills in project management.
- Working knowledge of and experience with quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.