MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
Responsible for the performing adult pulmonary function testing, stress testing, arterial punctures, and pulse oximetry for the laboratories in the Department of Medicine. Performs patient testing on adult patients, evaluates patient status and provides appropriate treatment and diagnostic tests. Maintains confidential patient files. Performs operations calibration, maintenance and troubling shooting of diagnostic, therapeutic and computer equipment. The incumbent can perform, inventory and ordering of supplies and medicine. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar
- Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent degree in allied health profession with concentrated study in mathematics.
- Certification as Pulmonary Function Technologist preferred.
- Will consider Certification or Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Statistical knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of arterial blood draws, spirometry, flow volume loops, DLCO, lung volumes, BRONCHODILATOR and methacholine measurements and calibration.
- Knowledge of both adult and pediatric pulmonary functions and test procedures.
- Verbal ability required to understand medical terminology and technical language.
- Good written communication skills and computer knowledge essential.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.