Pulmonary Function Technologist
PRN / Per Diem, Days
Responsible for performing adult pulmonary function testing, stress testing, arterial punctures,, and pulse oximetry for the laboratories in the Department of Medicine. Performs patient testing on adult patients, evaluates patient status and provides appropriate treatment and diagnostic tests. Maintains confidential patient files. Performs operations calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of diagnostic, therapeutic and computer equipment. The incumbent can perform inventory and ordering of supplies and medicine. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent degree in allied health profession with concentrated study in mathematics.
- Certification as Pulmonary Function Technologist preferred.
- Will consider certification or Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Statistical knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of arterial blood draws, spirometry, flow volume loops, DLCO, lung volumes, bronchodilator and methacholine measurements, and calibration.
- Knowledge of both adult and pediatric pulmonary functions and test procedures.
- Verbal ability required to understand medical terminology and technical language.
- Good written communication skills and computer knowledge essential.
- Coaching patients to perform testing.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Therapy, CRT, Certified Respiratory Therapist, RCP, Practitioner, NBRC, National Board for Respiratory Care, Lung, Pulmonary, Breath, AARC, American Association for Respiratory Care