Pulmonary Function Technologist
Full Time, Days
Responsible for performing adult pulmonary function testing, stress testing, arterial punctures, and pulse oximetry for the laboratories in the Department of Medicine. Performs patient testing on adult patients, evaluates patient status and provides appropriate treatment and diagnostic tests. Maintains confidential patient files. Acts as a resource to and consults with physicians on matters pertaining to diagnostic testing. Performs operations calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of diagnostic, therapeutic and computer equipment. The incumbent can perform inventory and ordering of supplies and medicine. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent degree in an allied health profession with concentrated study in mathematics and/or physics.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (CPFT) or professional registration as a Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
- Statistical knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of arterial blood draws, spirometry, flow volume loops, DLCO, lung volumes, and bronchodilator and methacholine measurements and calibration.
- Knowledge of both adult and pediatric pulmonary functions and test procedures.
- Verbal ability required to understand medical terminology and technical language.
- Good written communication skills and computer knowledge essential.
- Manual dexterity required to operate equipment and perform pulmonary function tests.
- Must be technical with regard to orientation of work ethics and patient interaction.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, RRT, Registered Respiratory Therapist, Therapy, CRT, Certified Respiratory Therapist, RCP, Practitioner, NBRC, National Board for Respiratory Care, Lung, Pulmonary, Breath, AARC, American Association for Respiratory Care
Registered Respiratory Therapist | Respiratory Therapy | Part Time, Day Shift & Weekend Shift | Job #32562
Respiratory Therapist | Respiratory Therapy | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32462
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460