The individual in this position provides assistance in coordinating administrative functions related to program operations in the Department of Pediatrics/Division of Community Pediatrics. Incumbent will also provide administrative support to the ambulatory patient care operations located at MedStar Montgomery Medical Center (MMMC). In addition to facilitating patient intake, incumbent will assist in the marketing and promotion of the subspecialty service at MMMC. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of comparable administrative experience required.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Spreadsheet design experience and ability to maintain and enhance database systems are necessary.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.