MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
Provides ongoing education, training and support to all physicians in hospital IS systems including, but not limited to: Azyxxi (Amalga), McKesson (MRDI), Clinician Portal and the MedConnect project. Advocates for all physicians (employed and community) to identify, correct or remove challenges that prevent the ability to provide, access or review clinical data to serve their patients’ needs. Builds and maintains relationships with physicians / physician practices (employed and community) to enhance the utilization of the hospital and other services. Identifies physician lecture opportunities in outlying community areas in support of the hospital’s strategic operating plan. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- BSN or BA/B.Sc. in healthcare related field
- Two years of systems support responsibility, especially end user support, in a healthcare system or department preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience in healthcare or patient and physician relations.
- Troubleshooting skills to find solutions to difficult human, technical, clinical or administrative problems; highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Access or other database programs.
- Knowledge of workflow and networking essential;
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong process orientation, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required;
- Experience in general computer network technology, high performance computing systems and archival storage systems required.
- Strong project management skills;
- Computer literacy with healthcare information systems and common healthcare applications required;
- Ability to problem-solve based on information is essential;
- Knowledge of regulatory standards regarding confidential patient information;
- Working knowledge and experience with quality assurance and performance improvement;
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.