Surgery - General
Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Provides medical care to patients as delegated by the supervising physician(s) in the Georgetown Department of Surgery, supporting the Chairman's surgical practice. Performs complete medical history and physical examinations. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures, and interprets results. Assists physician in office surgical procedures and operating room. Triages clinical issues and acts as a resource to other team members. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed by State Board of Medicine.
- NCCPA certification.
- BLS and ACLS certification.
- 3-5 years of outpatient and surgery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and surgical instruments.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories, performing physical examinations and interpreting findings.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with supervising physician(s) and other medical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a broad spectrum of professionals, including physicians, nurses, medical students, support staff, and hospital management.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Physician Assistant, PA, Phys Asst, Practitioner, AAPA, American Academy of Physician Assistants, AMA, American Medical Association, Surgery, Surgical, Operating Room, Procedure, Outpatient
Physician Assistant | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32807
Physician Assistant | Pediatrics - Neonatology | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32694
Advanced Practice Clinical Lead, BSN | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32816
Advanced Practice Clinical Lead, BSN | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32806
Transplant On-Call Coordinator | Transplant | Part Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32387
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612