Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Provides medical care to patients as delegated by the supervising physician(s) in the Department of Plastic Surgery. Performs complete medical history and physical examinations. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures, and interprets results. Assists physician in office surgical procedures and operating room. Triages clinical issues and acts as a resource to other team members. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed by State Board of Medicine.
- NCCPA certification.
- BLS and ACLS certification.
- 3-5 years of outpatient and surgery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and surgical instruments.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories, performing physical examinations and interpreting findings.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising physician(s) and other medical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a broad spectrum of professionals, including physicians, nurses, medical students, support staff, and hospital management.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Plastic Surgery, Surgical, Outpatient, Physician Assistant, PA, Phys Asst, Practitioner, AAPA, American Academy of Physician Assistants, AMA, American Medical Association
Physician Assistant | Orthopaedics | Full Time, Days | MedStar Health Orthopaedic and Sports Center at Lafayette Centre | Job #31980
Physician Assistant | Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center | Job #32316
Coordinator, Non-Physician Practitioners, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center | Hematology / Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32290
Transplant On-Call Coordinator | Transplant | Part Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32387
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874