Full Time, Days
The Physician Assistant (PA) provides medical care to patients as delegated by the supervising physician(s). The PA functioning primarily in a clinic setting may be required to perform some coordination of inpatient care and facilitate discharges/outpatient follow-up. The PA has a strong foundation in evidence-based practice/education and is responsible for ensuring adherence to national guidelines/protocols and an environment of safe, quality care. The PA demonstrates an advanced level of medical knowledge, clinical/technical competence, sound clinical judgment, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and responsibility for professional development and competency validation. He/she functions in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Completion and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Physician Assistant licensures in D.C., MD and VA.
- National PA certification.
- BLS certification.
- Three years of Physician Assistant experience (women's health experience preferred), inclusive of at least one year of directly related experience in breast surgery or diseases of the breast.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give to and evaluate patients.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to maintain calm and be effective in emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a broad spectrum of professionals, including attending physicians, residents, medical students, trainees, support staff, and hospital management.
- Ability to travel within the Washington region of MedStar Health.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Physician Assistant, PA, Phys Asst, Practitioner, AAPA, American Academy of Physician Assistants, AMA, American Medical Association, Women's Health, Breast, Surgery, Surgical, Operating Room
Physician Assistant | Breast Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #33038
Physician Assistant | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32807
Advanced Practice Clinical Lead | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32816
Advanced Practice Clinical Lead | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32806