General Summary of Position:
Provides an advanced level of technical skills, evaluating and treating patients within a particular specialty. Coordinates the daily operations of a particular specialty, including consultation, teaching, quality assurance, staff mentoring, and scheduling of patients. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Our Physical Medicine and Rehab Team also offers the following departmental perks: Qualifications:
- Graduate from accredited physical therapist (PT) school.
- Have a current certification in area of specialty and/or more than 240 hours of education in area of specialty.
- Minimum 6 years of PT experience.
- Specialized training in a specialty area.
- Current D.C. license or qualified candidate for D.C. license as a Physical Therapist. Upon hire, must have a D.C. license or be eligible for a reciprocity license, or have made application to sit for the board examination.
- Current CPR certification.
- Experience in clinical education of staff and students.
- Clinical expertise in a specialized area.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and find solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.