Phlebotomy Team Coordinator
Laboratory - Specimen Collection
Full Time, Rotating Shifts
The individual in this position provides assistance in coordinating all the functions and activities related to specimen collection for the Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, including, but not limited to, phlebotomy staff management, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration and laboratory test order entry, and specimen collection operations management. The person in this position ensures all staff are adequately trained, resources are allocated accordingly to match the patient volume, and overall quality assurance of the specimen collection process. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED); AA degree preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification by National Phlebotomy Association or ASCP or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in phlebotomy required.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with a hospital-based specimen collection center desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of manual dexterity and technical expertise to perform various phlebotomy techniques.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory tests and medical terminology.
- Good managerial, communication and customer service skills.
- Must stay calm, clearheaded, professional, and courteous throughout all interactions with patients and medical and nursing staff, especially in emergency or high-risk situations.
- High level of tolerance to stress and physical fatigue.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Phlebotomy, Phlebotomist, Sample, Draw, Specimen, Blood, Syringe, Stent, Venipuncture, Venipuncturist, ASCLS, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, ASCP, American Society for Clinical Pathology
Medical Technologist I | Histocompatibility | Full Time, Evenings | Job #33257
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33258
Surgical Pathologists' Assistant II | Pathology - Faculty Practice | Full Time, Days | Job #33226
Receiving & Accessioning Techician | Chemistry | Full Time, Nights | Job #33102
Medical Technologist I | Chemistry | Full Time, Days | Job #33068
Medical Technologist I | Blood Bank | PRN / Per Diem, Evenings | Job #33256
Medical Technologist | Chemistry | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32566