Full Time, Days
The incumbent in this position performs a variety of functions associated with the collection, transportation and processing of laboratory specimens from outpatients. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- National Phlebotomy Association certification, or ASCP, ASMT or AMT certification, strongly preferred.
- Experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of phlebotomy and laboratory specimen requirements.
- Ability to learn and utilize hospital computer systems.
- Ability to remain calm and function in stressful situations.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and bedside manner since working with individuals who are ill and facing venipuncture procedures.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Phlebotomy, Phlebotomist, Sample, Draw, Specimen, Blood, Syringe, Stent, Venipuncture, Venipuncturist, ASCLS, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, ASCP, American Society for Clinical Pathology