Pharmacy - Institutional
PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts
Under general supervision, is responsible for interpretation of physician's orders, review of patient therapy, dispensing of appropriate ordered medications, and performing all operational duties necessary within the inpatient and satellite services during emergency on-call coverage/off-hours, when appropriate. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalent Certification approved by NABP.
- Current D.C. license as a Pharmacist.
- At least one year as a Pharmacist in a hospital setting preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to provide direction to others.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Ability to perform computerized procedures.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between age and the proper selection of drugs and drug pharmacokinetics in various age groups.
- Annual performance evaluations will measure the level of knowledge and skills maintained through the use of criteria-based job standards.
- Employees must maintain a satisfactory level of knowledge and skills to continue employment.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Pharmacist, Pharmacy, ASHP, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, PPAG, Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group, Dosage, Dispensary, Medication, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacotherapy
Pharmacist | Pharmacy | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32535
Pharmacy Informatics Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Days | Job #32531
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31959
Evening Lead Pharmacist | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Evenings | Job #30587
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32417
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #31831
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852