Full Time, Rotating Shifts
Facilitates the development, implementation and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of available resources by coordinating patients' pharmaceutical needs with the prescribers and nurses. Manages distribution or dispensing of chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy medications in a safe and efficient manner according to department policy. The major job responsibilities of this position are leadership, drug distribution, clinical intervention, teaching, training, and continuing education. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy with a BS or PharmD degree.
- Current D.C. license as a Pharmacist.
- 2-4 years in a hospital pharmacy department with at least 1 year of oncology pharmacy services experience in a comprehensive, contemporary pharmaceutical care setting.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of oncology pharmacy service.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care for oncology patients in the following age groups: geriatrics, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in understanding of changes in physiology in various age groups, understanding of drug pharmacokinetics and toxicities in various age groups, and understanding of proper selection of drugs.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Pharmacist, Pharmacists, Pharmacy, Dosage, Dispensary, Medication, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacotherapy, PPAG, Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group
Pharmacy Informatics Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Days | Job #32531
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31959
Evening Lead Pharmacist | Pharmacy - Institutional | Full Time, Evenings | Job #30587
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32417
Pharmacist | Pharmacy - Institutional | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #31992
Pharmacy Technician | Pharmacy - Institutional | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #31831
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460