Ensures the smooth flow of patients into and out of the Surgery Center. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to communicating information to multiple levels within the organization. Provides significant support to the Same Day Surgery staff by obtaining patient data and other medical information. Coordinates the supply chain for the Surgery Center. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate's degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of clerical experience in a fast-paced acute care or primary care environment.
- Knowledge of medical/surgical terminology.
- Experience working with multiple telephone lines.
- Office skills, including knowledge and operational use of automated systems, basic computer skills and pneumatic tube system, required.
- Strong ability to maintain professional demeanor and function at a high level in an often stressful environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of PICIS is desirable.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.