Serves as Financial and Business Manager with administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the financial and business activities of Perioperative Services. Monitors expenditures and revenue to ensure compliance with departmental financial goals and coordinates activities with hospital administrators, senior operating officers, department heads, medical staff, Medstar corporate, and others. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree required in Finance, Health Care, Accounting or other related field. Master’s degree preferred (MHS, MBA or related field).
- Minimum of five to seven years of related administrative experience in progressively responsible position to include financial reporting, reconciliation, forecasting, and supervision.
- Experience in the O.R. or healthcare-related setting preferred.
- Experience in materials management, finance and information systems preferred.
- Excellent conceptual and synthesizing skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change. G
- ood public relations, communication, prioritization, and human resource management skills.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of disciplines at multiple levels and oversee broad management of resources.
- Ability to deal with high stress associated with high-volume, fast-paced area.
- Capable of maintaining high-functioning working relationships with the directors and clinical managers to successfully execute departmental functions.
- High proficiency in interpretation of financial reporting and highly skilled with financial reporting software systems, spreadsheets and graphics.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.