Payment Posting Representative
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Accurately posts payments from third-party carrier and patient payments to accounts. Posts/documents on accounts' rejections notices from third-party carriers. Performs daily reconciliation of payments posted to billing system to payment batch and resolves discrepancies. Posts payments and adjustments to proper patient invoices. Recognizes problems in payment amount or indicated patient, and resolves and/or brings to attention of appropriate manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some college work preferred.
- Minimum one year of payment posting experience in a medical billing office environment; large multipractice in a medical center environment preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with an automated A/R system.
- Skill in computer keyboarding— at minimum 30-40 wpm (numeric).
- Skill in using 10-key pad calculator by touch.
- Ability to review data input for completeness and accuracy.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of payment posting policies, procedures and practices of clinical practices.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960
Central Scheduling Manager | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32937