Accurately posts payments from third-party carriers and patient payments to accounts. Posts/documents on account rejection notices from third-party carriers. Performs daily reconciliation of payments posted to billing system to payment batch, and resolves discrepancies. Posts payments and adjustments to proper patient invoices. Recognizes problems in payment amount or indicated patient, and resolves and/or brings to attention of appropriate manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some college work preferred.
- Minimum one year of payment posting experience in a medical billing office environment.
- Experience in a large, multi-practice medical center environment preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with an automated A/R system.
- Skill in computer keyboarding—at minimum 30-40 wpm (numeric).
- Skill in using 10-key pad calculator by touch.
- Ability to review data input for completeness and accuracy.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of payment posting policies, procedures and practices of clinical practices.
Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.