Patrol Officer I
Full Time, 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Under close supervision, exercises responsibilities for enforcement of organizational policies and procedures relating to individual personal security, safety and the protection properties. Observes for untoward activity and conditions with the potential to negatively impact personnel, patient and visitor safety, while on the premises. Acts to prevent thefts, fires, vandalism, illegal entry, and personal harm. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent, General Educational Development (GED).
- Qualified with valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain District of Columbia Special Police Commission certificate within 90 days of date of hire.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in security/law enforcement within a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proficient in basic reading, writing and general communication skills.
- Ability to successfully complete the Protective Services Department Training Program and the IAHSS Basic Officer Certification Course as scheduled by the department leader.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of Ten (10) Code within fourteen (14) days of hire date.
- General knowledge regarding computer, telephone and copier equipment.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Security, Safety, Escort, Patrol, Customer Service, Apprehend, Officer, Detain, Emergency, Guard, Monitor, CCTV, Closed Circuit Television
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33202
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32973
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Full Time & Part Time | Job #32733
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 3 PM - 11:30 PM | Job #32574
PACU Suite Attendant | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33203