Patient Services Manager
Full Time, Days
The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating all of the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and the balancing of all TOS payments using the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing system Front Desk Module. The person in this position supervises and directs the maintenance and ongoing monitoring of the patient health record in department. The person in this position is responsible for directing, organizing, planning, and supervising the activities of personnel engaged in Patient Service activities, including those related to all revenue cycle-related activities. The clinic manages a high volume of patient encounters annually. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Health Care Management.
- Three to five years of experience in managing a healthcare office required; personnel management experience as well as financial management preferred.
- Experience with computerized registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity EHR or Aria.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and appropriately motivate staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HMO/PPO insurances.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate
Customer Service Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33252
Provider Enrollment Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33251
Patient Registration Associate | Lombardi Clinic | Full Time, Days | Job #33238
Patient Account Analyst I | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time | Job #33235
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Surgery | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33234
Revenue Cycle Liaison | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33232
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33225
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33223
Medical Records Billing Expeditor | Health Information | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #33110
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33106