Patient Registration Associate
Full Time, 9 AM - 5:30 PM
The individual in this position provides assistance to patients in the department. The individual is responsible for coordinating all of the functions and activities related to patient access including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate and complete patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, appointment scheduling, insurance verification, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment processing, and the balancing of all TOS payments using the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- One year of experience in a customer service environment required; medical/clinical office experience preferred.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial
Patient Access Manager | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32802
Senior Financial Analyst | Transplant Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32790
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Radiation Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32782
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32656
Revenue Cycle Analyst | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32600
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32598
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32591
Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555