Patient Pre-Certification Associate
Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
The individual in this position provides assistance to patients in the department. The individual is responsible for coordinating all of the functions and activities related to patient pre-certification/authorization including, but not limited to, accurate and complete patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems and on-site insurance verification. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree
- At least three years of experience in a medical/clinical office preferred.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Precertification, Certification, Pre-certification, Registration, Registrar, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Scheduling, Schedule, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial
Customer Service Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33252
Provider Enrollment Representative | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33251
Patient Registration Associate | Lombardi Clinic | Full Time, Days | Job #33238
Patient Account Analyst I | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time | Job #33235
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Surgery | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33234
Revenue Cycle Liaison | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33232
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33225
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #33223
Medical Records Billing Expeditor | Health Information | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #33110
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33106